Majid Al Futtaim, the leading shopping mall, communities, retail, and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, has announced a new opening date for its upcoming mall in Sharjah - City Centre Al Zahia. Now set to open in March 2021, the decision allows tenants sufficient time to prepare for their new store openings and ensure they can provide a compelling customer experience.
• The marketplace represents a compelling online platform for Majid Al Futtaim’s shopping mall tenants and other businesses to safely and efficiently reach their customers
• Borders, LUSH, Tavola and a host of other shopping mall tenants have already signed up to the platform
• The e-commerce solution has been live for six months in pilot mode and already averages more than 1,300 daily orders
Employees in United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Oman and Lebanon retrain to take on roles at Carrefour
• Group revenue increased by 1% year-on-year to AED35.2 billion
• Increased EBITDA by 1% to AED4.6 billion
• Opened 300th Carrefour store and expanded geographical footprint to 16 countries with entry to Uganda
• Scaled VOX Cinemas’ presence in Saudi Arabia with 78 new screens added
• Added two new regional shopping malls in Egypt and Oman and one community mall in UAE
• Launched SHARE, a group wide lifestyle rewards programme in the UAE
• Pledged to phase out single-use plastic from operations across portfolio by 2025
• Received ‘low risk’ Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) rating from Sustainalytics, and an ‘A’ rating from MSCI
• Issued the world’s largest and the region’s first corporate Green Sukuks to fund sustainable projects across the group with a total value of USD1.2 billion
• Maintained ‘BBB’ credit rating from Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings
• Developer’s initial offering of 300 three- and four-bedroom townhouses have sold out
• Properties were offered with a competitive six-year payment plan and a starting price of AED 1.26 million
• Community features an abundance of facilities and amenities curated for the modern family
• Elan, part of Majid Al Futtaim’s premier Tilal Al Ghaf community, was designed using the principles of ‘placemaking’ to create a sense of belonging
New Immersive VR Destination Backed by Hollywood’s Biggest Hitters Set to Open in the Mall of the Emirates on 19 December 2019
Majid Al Futtaim will open its first Carrefour stores in Uzbekistan, marking the first entry of an international grocery retailer into the Central Asian country.
Al Mouj Muscat, a unique partnership between the Government of the Sultanate of Oman and Majid Al Futtaim Properties, has confirmed that the famed St. Regis brand will open its first luxury hotel and resort destination in Oman.