• CTRL marks the latest innovation from VOX Cinemas and gives audiences real-time collaborative influence over the plot of the movie
• Unique cinematic experience will be launched across the United Arab Emirates and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on 05 August
• 16.9 million kWh of renewable energy generated across Majid Al Futtaim portfolio
• Company sees 17.5% reduction in water usage across different assets
• Hosted the region’s first carbon-neutral movie screening at VOX Cinemas
• The world’s first hotel portfolio to receive LEED Platinum Certification
• The mega mall will become Majid Al Futtaim’s fifth and largest shopping destination in the Sultanate when it opens in September 2021
• Mall of Oman will offer compelling family leisure experiences such as the largest indoor snow park, largest VOX Cinemas and Magic Planet in the Sultanate
Retail is critical to the economy of the UAE. In Dubai, for example, it makes up just over a quarter of our gross domestic product. Harking back to our long history of trading and our mercantile spirit, you could say that retail is in the country's DNA.
• A more agile approach to risk management is needed post-COVID.
• Annual risk assessment should make way for continual 'horizon-scanning' for possible business threats.
• This level of preparedness and planning should permeate entire company cultures.
This year’s Davos Agenda centres on the urgent task of rebuilding trust to deliver a more inclusive, cohesive and sustainable future. But with the inspiring global vaccine effort signalling an end to the pandemic, is there a danger that we – as a global business community – could revert to business as usual?