Majid Al Futtaim, the leading shopping mall, communities, retail, and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, has announced a new opening date for its upcoming mall in Sharjah - City Centre Al Zahia. Now set to open in March 2021, the decision allows tenants sufficient time to prepare for their new store openings and ensure they can provide a compelling customer experience.
• The marketplace represents a compelling online platform for Majid Al Futtaim’s shopping mall tenants and other businesses to safely and efficiently reach their customers
• Borders, LUSH, Tavola and a host of other shopping mall tenants have already signed up to the platform
• The e-commerce solution has been live for six months in pilot mode and already averages more than 1,300 daily orders
Employees in United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Oman and Lebanon retrain to take on roles at Carrefour
The story behind tapping the potential for the Middle East, North Africa, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (MENAP) region is rather similar to the popular children’s tale of a small plucky train, a stalled locomotive, and challenging terrain.
- A thriving private sector is essential to drive sustainable economic growth.
- Economic integration will make MENAP a more competitive region.
- Selective deregulation, free movement of resources and common standards will encourage economic integration.
- Retailers have a unique opportunity to encourage behavioural change.
- The key is to make it easier for consumers to make better choices.
- The prize can be healthier and more sustainable lifestyles for all.