The story behind tapping the potential for the Middle East, North Africa, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (MENAP) region is rather similar to the popular children’s tale of a small plucky train, a stalled locomotive, and challenging terrain.
- A thriving private sector is essential to drive sustainable economic growth.
- Economic integration will make MENAP a more competitive region.
- Selective deregulation, free movement of resources and common standards will encourage economic integration.
- Retailers have a unique opportunity to encourage behavioural change.
- The key is to make it easier for consumers to make better choices.
- The prize can be healthier and more sustainable lifestyles for all.
The Arab world needs thriving startups to truly deliver on its potential. By championing them, the private sector can help everyone share in their success.
From virtual reality adventures to indoor skydiving and immersive dining experiences, shopping malls are changing beyond all recognition.
Imagine watching the latest movie with your family and friends, seated in comfortable recliners with a waiter serving you five-star food and drink from a menu curated by a Michelin-starred chef. It’s a far cry from the cramped seats and below-average food and beverage on offer elsewhere.
Such luxury experiences are being rolled out in forward-thinking malls around the world. This is just the start in 'experiential' leisure and entertainment.