The story behind tapping the potential for the Middle East, North Africa, Afghanistan, and Pakistan (MENAP) region is rather similar to the popular children’s tale of a small plucky train, a stalled locomotive, and challenging terrain.
- A thriving private sector is essential to drive sustainable economic growth.
- Economic integration will make MENAP a more competitive region.
- Selective deregulation, free movement of resources and common standards will encourage economic integration.
After an admittedly nervous start, 2019 became another record year for global theatrical receipts, following on from record 2018 results. As the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO) highlighted at CinemaCon this year, global box office sales of US$41.7bn for 2018 had increased 32% since 2010. To see such robust box office growth at international level, reinforces our optimism for the industry’s future; and this optimism is predicated upon the belief that industry players will continue to work collaboratively to enhance cinematic content, ensure targeted distribution and constantly innovate our experiences.
- Retailers have a unique opportunity to encourage behavioural change.
- The key is to make it easier for consumers to make better choices.
- The prize can be healthier and more sustainable lifestyles for all.
The Arab world needs thriving startups to truly deliver on its potential. By championing them, the private sector can help everyone share in their success.